Moulds are simple, microscopic organisms that are found both indoors and outdoors. Requiring just heat and humidity, they can thrive on virtually any surface. In the home, moulds are usually located in damp, dark and steam-filled areas such as the bathroom, kitchen, behind walls and within insulation.

Moulds reproduce through releasing innumerable lightweight spores. Mould spores may cling onto clothing and fur and travel to new destinations which will then become toxic and infested.

Health Effects

The inhalation of mould spores, and/or fragments of the mould present a health hazard, causing allergenic reactions and respiratory problems. They can also aggravate pre-existing health conditions. Moulds have been known to be a contributing factor towards Sick Building Syndrome (SBS). Moulds produce mycotoxins which pose as a lethal health risk to both humans and animals. Prolonged exposure to mycotoxins can lead to the following commonly reported symptoms:-

Patients who have recently been discharged from the hospital and/or are immune-suppressed are also extremely susceptible to health problems resulting from moulds.

"In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children."

- Institute of Medicine (IOM), 2004

How Omniyo Nano 223 Helps

Extremely effective in preventing the growth and further propagation of moulds within your household or building, Omniyo Nano 223 actively destroys airborne mould spores through photocatalytic reactions. It breaks down the cell membrane of moulds, deactivating all toxins into harmless inert substances. Omniyo Nano 223 is thus effectively anti-mould.